The Order of SS. Savior of Saint Bridget begins on 8 September 1911 and was approved by the Holy See definitively December 2, 1940. The communities of the Brigidine Sisters who seem to spring up from the prayer of one who, in the fullness of woman with many gifts of nature and grace, has made possible this expression: "O God, guide me amiable light."
The birth, stability and prosperity of this religious family are intimately related to the founder, Blessed Elizabeth Hesselblad, author of the spiritual rebirth of the ancient Order, beatified April 9, 2000 by Blessed John Paul II.
Canonization of the Blessed Mary Elizabeth Hesselblad
CANONIZATION OF THE BLESSED
Mary Elizabeth Hesselblad
FOUNDRESS OF THE ORDER OF THE MOST HOLY SAVIOUR OF ST. BRIDGET St. Peter’s Square, 5th JUNE 2016
Saturday 4th June 2016
- 4.00 p.m. Penitential Procession of the Jubilee, starting from the obelisk in St.Peter’s Square and through the Holy Door.
- 5.00 p.m. Basilica of Saint Peter: Holy Mass in preparation for the rite of Canonization Presided by H.EM. Cardinal Angelo Comastri, Vicar General for Vatican City state.
Sunday 5th June 2016
- 10.30 a.m.Saint Peter’s Square. Solemn Canonization Ceremony presided by His Holiness Pope Francis.
- 5.30 p.m. Basilica of Saint Lorenzo in Damaso. Solemn Vespers Presided by H.EM. Cardinal Angelo Amato, Prefect of the Congregation for the Causes of Saints.
Monday 6th June 2016
- 8.00 a.m. Church of the Gesu` Holy Mass of Thanksgiving Presided by H.EM. Cardinal Pietro Parolin, Secretary of State.
Tuesday 7th June 2016
- 7.30 a.m. Chiesa di Santa Brigida: Holy Mass Presided by H.EM. Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation of Propaganda Fide.
Download the program (PDF)